Chemiclean’s Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my skimmer excessively overflow after using Chemi-Clean?
Your Skimmer is working overtime to remove the left over residue of Chemi-Clean left in your system. If this excessive flow is too much you may dilute the Chemi-Clean remaining in your system by addition water changes. The replacement of your chemical filtration will also help. If your protein skimmer is in a sump just let the skimmer overflow in sump. This process will cease in a few hours.
Will Chemi-Clean harm my fish or invertebrate’s?
No, Chemi-clean has been extensively tested with thousands of fishes and invertebrate’s including SPF’s with no adverse effect. Not following directions exactly can cause adverse effects. You must follow the directions exactly.- Use a Level spoon measurements- Do not dump product directly on top of coral- Do not turn off your filter! only remove chemical filtration and turn off protein skimmer and UV sterilizer- Extra aeration is a must during treatment it is highly recommended you add an air stone to the tank during treatment.
How do I add Chemi-Clean to my Aquarium?
You may add it directly to the aquarium from the scoop or for a better dispersal dilute treatment in small cup of aquarium water then pour into aquarium.
The Chemi-Clean has removed some of the cyanobacteria can I dose it again?
Yes this is common with heavy infestations you must be sure to follow the directions and complete water changes after the first treatment when the first 48 hours is past and the water change has been made you may repeat the whole cycle again. This may be done as many times as possible.
Does Chemi-Clean remove all type of Algae stains?
No, chemi-clean is for the specific removal of cyanobacteria stains (red, brown, green slim). Chemi-clean will not treat hair, string or diatom algae
Will Chemi-Clean work in freshwater?
Yes, Chemi-Clean will work in fresh and salt water on Cyanobacteria stains.
How much liquid Chemi-Clean do I put in my tank?
Put in one drop per gallon of water. One cap-full equals approximately 85 drops.
How much powder Chemi-Clean do I put in my tank?
For every ten (10) gallons of water, dissolve one level scoop into one cup of water removed from the tank.
Then pour solution with dissolved Chemi-Clean back into aquarium, dispersing evenly.
1. Aquarium oxygen levels must be increased using heavy aeration or a large air stone.
2. Turn off any UV sterilizers and ozonizers and remove any Chemi-Pure or carbon during treatment.
3. Continue using a protein skimmer, although skimmer may require adjustment to prevent excessive overflow.
4. Maintain normal water flow using pumps and powerheads.
5. Add Chemi-Pure. to see how much to add, refer to the tabs above.
6. Successful treatment may take up to 48 hours. After the 48 hour treatment period, preform a 20% water change.
7. Turn on any UV sterilizers and ozonators and replace Chemi-Pure or carbon removed previously.
Repeat as necessary. Chemi-Clean can be used monthly as a regular component of aquarium maintenance.